The Truth About Love Tour was the sixth concert tour by Pink. Sponsored by CoverGirl and showcasing music from her sixth studio album The Truth About Love (2012), the tour played over 140 shows in Australia, Europe and North America. Shows in Melbourne, Australia were recorded and released on a concert DVD, The Truth About Love Tour: Live from Melbourne.
- Raise Your Glass
- Walk of Shame
- Just Like a Pill
- U + Ur Hand
- Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely)
- Wicked Game
- Just Give Me a Reason
- Are We All We Are
- How Come You’re Not Here
- Family Portrait
- Who Knew
- Fuckin’ Perfect
- Most Girls / There You Go / You Make Me Sick
- Slut like You
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
- So What
- Glitter in the Air (not performed at all shows)
- Over 320,000 tickets for the Australian leg were sold in a few hours of release.
- The tour will break records in Australia, being the most attended concert in Melbourne, which she had set herself in 2009’s Funhouse Tour, selling 200,000 tickets only in Melbourne.
- At the 2013 Billboard Touring Awards, Pink won the award for “Top Boxscore.”
- The first North American leg of tour grossed $28.3 million from 26 shows,with an average gross per city of $1,134,385. The European leg grossed $30.7 million. The nine-week leg of Australia is expected to generate $100 million.
- The tour is the third highest grossing tour of 2013. Pink is also the highest grossing female touring artist of 2013.
The Truth About Love Tour broke two records at the Rod Laver Arena, in Melbourne, Australia. Pink is the artist who has performed the most shows at the venue, with a significant 18 sold out shows on The Truth About Love Tour. The record superpassed her previous 17 show record at the venue during her 2009 Funhouse Tour. She is also the first artist to sell more than 250,000 tickets at the venue. In August 2013, Pink was rewarded a plaque backstage, a second pink pole, a star at the venue’s entrance and Door 18 was painted pink.
Her achievements reached Sydney as well, with the artist breaking Kylie Minogue’s feat of most concerts by a female performer at the Entertainment Centre. Pink has now played 26 shows at the venue. Her four sold-out shows at the Allphones Arena in Sydney also exceeded 67,000 in ticket sales, breaking the record set by fellow popstar Britney Spears in 2009 with her The Circus Tour. Pink now also holds the record for most performances by an artist at the Perth Arena, as well as the top four attended events at the venue.
After playing to nearly 15,000 fans per night in Perth, Pink holds the record for the top four attended events at Perth Arena, and the record for the most performances by any artist and tour. Michael Coppel, President and CEO of Live Nation Australia, thanked Pink for spending three months on tour in this country. “Everyone at LNA has been thrilled to be involved in Pink’s record breaking tour, continuing a decade-long association with an artist who continues to set new standards and who has now sold in excess of 1.5 million tickets in Australia.”
The pop star broke her own mark at Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena with the 18th sold out performance, having set a house record in 2009 with 17 shows on her Funhouse tour. The combined gross of $29.2 million (US$) in Melbourne is the largest gross for any headliner at a single venue in 2013.
Pink also sold out the KFC Yum!, in the process becoming the highest-grossing female artist to so far to play the arena.
- Jason Chapman – Keyboards/Vocals
- Justin Derrico – Lead guitar
- Mark Schulman – Drums
- Eva Gardner – Bass
- Kat Lucas – Keyboards/Rhythm guitar/Vocals
- Stacy Campbell – Backgound vocals
- Jenny Douglas-McRae – Background vocals
- Tracy Shibata – Dance Captain
- Reina Hidalgo – Dancer
- Colt Prattes – Dancer
- Khasan Brailsford – Dancer
- Janelle Ginestra – Dancer
- Loriel Hennington – Dancer
- Remi Bakkar – Dancer
- Jimmy Slonina – Host/Rubix
The TRUTH ABOUT LOVE TOUR
Are we all really here together? AGAIN?!? Maybe for the first time? THIS. IS. SO. EXCITING!
It feels like just yesterday I was hanging by my ankles from a Frenchman. OHWAIT it WAS yesterday…
I am so grateful for this moment, for all of you… for every one I share the stage with, for all the “behind-the-scenes” peeps we have back here – all of us – including you are the family I thank my lucky stars for every night.
The heartbreak, the heartache, the JOURNEY whatever it is that brought us all here tonight LETS BLOW THIS PLACE APART…
I love you more